Accreditation Agencies for Higher Education in UK
The degree earned from the United Kingdom (UK) has international recognition. There are many regulatory bodies in the UK for recognition of degree. Here listed important Accreditation Agencies for Higher Education in the UK
- Higher Education Degree Datacheck (Hedd) is the UK's official service for verifying academic degrees and authenticating universities.
- For non-degree qualifications, including courses at the higher education level, there are four public accrediting bodies for the four countries of the United Kingdom. These are:
- Ofqual in England
- Qualifications Wales
- The Council for the Curriculum, Examinations & Assessment in Northern Ireland
- The Scottish Qualifications Authority
In addition four bodies offering institutional accreditation for private colleges that are recognized by the UK government for visa purposes:
- The Accreditation Service for International Colleges (ASIC) for independent colleges in UK and colleges and universities worldwide. ASIC is an affiliate of ENQA.
- The British Accreditation Council (BAC) for independent higher education and further education institutions across the UK. BAC is also a member of INQAAHE and ENQA.
- Accreditation UK, part of the British Council (a non-departmental public body sponsored by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, for English language schools only
- The Accreditation Body for Language Services (ABLS) for English language schools
For latest updates see official website www.gov.uk