Student Visa and Work Visa for International Students in the UK

Foreign National in order to Study and Work in the United Kingdom require to apply for a Visa. Here given general procedure to apply for a UK Visa.

Application Procedure

To apply for visa, register for an account. Fill in the application form in English. Then pay for the visa fee online.  Take out the print out of your form. Book and attend an appointment at a visa application centre. Know exclusive details about Visa Application Guidelines

Supporting Documentation

At the time of Visa Application to UK you may require to furnish following documents as proof
  • Documents showing your finances- bank statement
  • A current passport with 1 passport-sized colour photograph
  • Contact details for at least one parent or guardian 
  • Details of your accommodation and travel plans.
  •  Tuberculosis (TB) test results 
  • Details of the course and the institution where you’ll be studying: Acceptance letter
  • Previous study records: academic certificates or transcripts.
  • English language qualification: test or award certificates for degree taught in English
  • A blank page in your passport on which to put the visa.
  • If you’ll be accompanied by someone who is not your parent you’ll need to provide specific information about them in your application. 
  • A written consent from your parents for you to travel to the UK
  • Any other as may be required by UK Immigration Agency

Types of Student Visa

Short Term Study Visa

To apply for Short Term Study visa , you must prove that you:

  • have been offered a place on a course in the UK at an accepted place of study
  • have enough money to support yourself without working or help from public funds, or that relatives and friends can support and house you
  • can pay for your return or onward journey

If you’re under 18 you must also:

  • have made arrangements for your travel and stay in the UK
  • have permission from your parent or guardian to study in the UK

General student visa (Tier 4)

To apply for General Student Visa (Tier 4) you must have:
  • an unconditional offer of a place on a course with a licensed Tier 4 sponsor
  • enough money to support yourself and pay for your course - the amount will vary depending on your circumstances
Course Information

You can enroll for one of the following course type:
  • full-time leading to a qualification that’s at least level 6 on the Ofqual register
  • part-time leading to a qualification that’s at least level 7 on the Ofqual register
  • an overseas course of degree level study that’s equal to a UK higher education course and is being run by an overseas higher education institution
  • full-time, with at least 15 hours per week of organised daytime study, leading to a qualification which is at least level 3 on the Ofqual register
  • a recognised foundation programme as a postgraduate doctor or dentist
  • an English language course at level B2 or above on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
Postgraduate doctors and dentists

You can apply for this visa if you’re sponsored to do a recognised foundation programme and you’ve:
  • finished a recognised UK degree in medicine or dentistry
  • received that degree from a registered Tier 4 sponsor
  • spent your final year and at least 1 other year of studies leading to that degree in the UK
Confirmation of acceptance for studies
  • Your education provider will send you a reference number called a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) once they’ve offered you a place on a course. You’ll need to enter this on your visa application.
You must apply for your visa no more than 6 months after you receive the CAS.

If you’ve studied in the UK before
  • You can only get a CAS in certain situations if you’re applying from within the UK.

Child student visa (Tier 4)

You can apply for the Tier 4 (Child) student visa if you’re aged between 4 and 17 and you want to study at an independent school in the UK.

You must also:

  • have a place on a course
  • have the consent of your parent or guardian
  • have enough money to cover your course fees and living costs
  • be from a country that’s not in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland
  • meet the eligibility requirements

For more details see Student Immigration United Kingdom website
Connect me with the Top Colleges
First Name:
Last Name:
E-Mail ID :
You live in:
Mobile Number:
You want to study in:
Highest Level of Education:
Study Preference:
You want to Study:
Need an education loan?
loading Processing...
  • No Articles to display

Know More »

  • No Press Releases to display

Know More »

Uk Select a Country

Our Network :