Studying and Living for International Students in the UK
When planning to study in the UK its important to work on living cost. The cost may vary slightly depending on the course you chose and area you live. Also living cost largely depends on the lifestyle you chose. For example eating out over weekends will cost you good amount of money but if you plan to go and enjoy weekend in a nearby park or countryside perhaps it will cost nothing or may be few pounds. Similarly a private will cost you too many times higher than a public transport.
Following given a rough estimate of how much money you would need to spend while staying in UK
- Accommodation (halls of residence, usually including bills)- Pound 400 - 600 per month
- Private Accommodation (bills not included) Pound- Pound 320 - 530 per month
- Bills (electric/ gas/ water)- Pound 40 - 50 per month
- Food / Housekeeping- Pound 160 - Pound 200 per month
- TV Licence (mandatory with TV or watching BBC online)- Pound 12.56 per month(or Pound 150.50 per year)
- Mobile phone- Pound 15 - 50 per month
- Clothes / Shoes- Pound 25 per month
- Leisure / Sport (This is calculated on membership for the Students Sport centre)- Pound 10 - Pound 20 per month
- Books / Stationery- Pound 21 per month
- Socialising / Going out- Pound 120 per month
- Travel / Transport (Based on the monthly cost of a student bus pass)- Pound 32 per month
- Childcare (if needed)- Pound 656 per month
Important Note: Figures given here are indicative in nature. Expenses vary in accordance with area and facility you chose. For latest guidelines check with your university system in the United Kingdom.